Data Engineer (DWH)
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Coolgradient is a fast-growing green-tech start-up with a clear vision to make our digital footprint more sustainable.
Every swipe, every like, every TikTok video we upload, every Zoom call we have, every Netflix video we watch, or everything we buy online is all processed and depends on… data centers. However, these data centers consume large amounts of energy due to the underlying technology we use every day all day.
We have developed an AI-based analytics platform that captures the entire data center (DC) infrastructure - "from roof to room" - to bring the whole DC into a more optimal state. Saving energy and increasing reliability that results in a more sustainable data center in countries like Germany, France, Switzerland, UK, Ireland and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a skilled Data Engineer M/F/X with a knack for IoT, mechanics and sustainability or energy technology to join our team.
What you’ll do
As part of your job, you will handle data regarding the cooling, power, and energy storage systems for data centers. Your expertise in data engineering will come into play as you model and process sensor data for our platform, identifying opportunities for improvement. Your primary responsibility will be to provide us with reliable, governed data to propel our company, platform, and impact to new heights.
Additionally, you will
- Onboard new data centers.
- Map and transform all data.
- Make that new data available to our users and ML models.
- Improve pipelines, ELT ánd (dimensional) data models.
- Babysit current pipelines.
- Integrate with existing ánd new MLOps.
- Work with tech stack like Snowflake, dbt, Azure ML, and others (more coming and we’re definitely open for other suggestions).
- But… you’re definitely able to mold and change this position according to your own qualities, expertise, and beliefs on how to accelerate our growth.
- Knowledge of designing, creating, and managing (cloud) databases.
- Experience in setting up, maintaining, and improving DevOps environments.
- Excellent expertise in dimensional data modeling.
- Know how to get the best out of Snowflake and leverage the pros of dbt.
- Multiple Cloud platform experience, including Azure.
- Pro-active attitude (we consider ourselves at the beginning of our quest, so we need to keep improving).
- Experience in providing and prepping data in a complex, multi-model Data Science environment.
- Experience with (real-time) sensor data from an industrial environment will be a big plus
- Working on making the world of data centers more sustainable
- Enjoy a competitive salary, pension scheme, holiday allowance, and disability insurance.
- Our goal is to increase our impact and grow. We want you to grow with us and offer an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- A hybrid home-office-remote policy with flexible working hours where we value your regular presence to enjoy team dynamics, but we like to support the flexibility that fits your daily rhythm and preference.
- Lots of mobility options, where we provide a lease car, public transportation subscription, or company bike, or we’ll reimburse your travels when you prefer to use your own means of mobility.
- Lots of opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Join activities like meetups or (business) events.
- Work abroad with the team, where we combine good weather, a great environment, and good food.
- And above all: a fun and enthusiastic team that values a diverse and transparent culture.
At our company, we highly appreciate and encourage diversity. We believe it is crucial to achieving success and being the responsible company we want to be. However, currently, our company cannot sponsor any work visas.